definition – broad spectrum creative services
1 broad |brɔːd| 2 spectrum |ˈspɛktrəm| 3 creative |kriːˈeɪtɪv| 4 services |ˈsəːvɪsez|
> A pretentious term to describe a design company that will do *almost anything for money;
“A $1million TV commercial? of course madame.”
*“A $500 ‘Branding Job’ for your company that requires a website, name and logo? I’m afraid the creative team are on long term sick leave, please leave your business card – oh… you need that designing too.”
1 (broad) covering a large number and wide scope of subjects: the company has a broad range of experience.
• the kind of mind required to look in ‘that’ drawer.
• having a wide range of meanings or applications; loosely defined: our range of programmes comprises three broad categories.
2 (the spectrum) a band of colours, as seen in a rainbow, produced by separation of the components of light by their different degrees of refraction according to wavelength.
• A really cool computer that I learnt to programme on back in the 1980’s, I stayed single for some time.
• a characteristic series of frequencies of electromagnetic radiation emitted or absorbed by a substance.
3 (creative) relating to or involving the use of the imagination or original ideas to create something: change unleashes people’s creative energy | creative writing.
• louisa fitch
• having good imagination or original ideas: a creative team of designers.
4 (services) [ mass noun ] the action of helping or doing work for someone: millions are involved in voluntary service.
• you don’t want it? We ain’t got it.
• [ count noun ] an act of assistance: he has done us a great service | he volunteered his services as a driver.